This easy vegan pasta sauce is protein-packed and SUPER easy to whip up after a long day in the water or at work. Use whatever you have in your pantry to make this delish quick meal.
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- 2 12 oz cans of white beans (chickpeas, white beans and cannelloni beans all work)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil or cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Thyme (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
1. Boil water for pasta and cook according to package instructions for al dente. Don't forget to salt the water.
2. Meanwhile, slice garlic and dice onion (see post for help). Saute diced onion in a large skillet on medium heat with a splash of cooking oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are soft and slightly translucent. Once onions are translucent, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Then add beans and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. To make the creamy vegan pasta sauce, add the bean/onion mixture, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, and ladle or two of pasta water to a blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add pasta water a tablespoon at a time to keep the sauce moving in the blender.
4. In a mixing bowl, add pasta and a generous dollop of sauce, Mix gently with tongs, and serve with almond slivers, parsley, and/or thyme. If you're feeling fancy, saute some mushrooms. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan pasta sauce, chickpea pasta recipe, vegan bean pasta, chickpea pasta sauce, chickpea sauce for pasta, easy vegan pasta recipe, easy vegan pasta sauce