These cucumber basil margaritas are sweet, strong, and all but guarantee a good time. They're "martini-strength" and are best served with a salty rim. Extra spice is optional.
- 24 oz Corralejo Reposado Tequila
- 6-8oz orange liqueur
- 12 oz Minute Maid Limeade (Frozen)*
- 12 oz Water
- 1-2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 4-6 leaves fresh basil
- fresh pineapple juice - 1-2 cups
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder (leave out if you don’t like smoky/spicy)
- Salt for the rim
- Lime garnish
- Blend fresh pineapple chunks in blender, then strain out pulp. Try to get 1-2 cups of pineapple juice (this can take a little while, so be patient!) If you're in a hurry, use two pineapples to get more juice faster.
- Meanwhile, peel and seed cucumbers. Then blend cucumber with basil leaves and strain. You need about a cup of cucumber basil juice.
- Mix tequila, orange liqueur, limeade, water and blended fruits you prepared in steps 1 and 2 together. Add chipotle powder if desired.
- Serve in glass with salted rim and ice.
WARNING: though these cucumber basil margaritas are lots of fun, these are NOT your average margaritas. They are martini-strength. Hydrate between servings. In my experience, the proper ratio of 8 oz glasses of water to margarita is 2:1.
Only have more than 2 if you don't have anywhere to be tomorrow...
*Look for this in the frozen section, it comes in a little cylinder.
Keywords: Margaritas, pineapple margaritas, pineapple basil margaritas, cucumber basil margaritas, pineapple cucumber basil margaritas, strong margaritas, pitcher margaritas