This easy mexican street corn is the PERFECT addition to tacos, burritos, or a fajita platter. It comes together in MINUTES in one pan and only needs 6 ingredients (3 of them should already be in your pantry).
- 2-3 cups frozen corn kernels (or fresh corn kernels off the cob)
- 1 jalapeno, diced, seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt to taste
1. First place corn kernels and diced jalapeno into a frying pan with a drizzle of grapeseed oil on medium heat.
2. Stir gently as the pan heats up and your hear the corn start to sizzle. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until corn just starts to brown. It's ok if the bottom of the pan gets a little sticky...lower the heat a half notch and add a little drizzle of oil to keep things moving.
3. Add spices or desired seasoning, give it a little stir, then remove from heat. Season with additional salt and lime juice if desired, and enjoy!
Hint: scrape up all of those delicious bits that stick to the bottom of the pan - that's where the flavor is!
Keywords: mexican street corn, mexican corn, corn elote, vegan mexican street corn, vegan mexican corn, street corn off the cob, fast street corn, dairy-free street corn