Veggies - your choice of...
- 1-2 zucchini sliced into 1 in wheels
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 1 in squares
- 1 package mushrooms, rinsed with stems removed
- 3-4 ears of corn, cut into 1 in wheels
- 1 package grape or cherry tomatoes
- Brussels sprouts, stems removed
- Red onion - layers chopped into 1 in squares
- Eggplant - chopped into 1 in cubes
Sauce - you could try:
1. Prepare the skewers - using a metal skewer, start with a piece of corn, then add mushroom, zucchini, and bell pepper. Repeat once, then cap end with corn. Wrap in foil, and place on grill heated to ~450 F. Cook for 10 mins, then turn and cook for 10 more minutes. If no grill is available, roast in oven heated to 450 for 10-15 mins on each side. For more charred flavor, cook without foil on a grill pan (either on the stove top or grill).
2. Prepare the sauce - I recommend cilantro lime sauce, chimichurri, or hummus.
3. Serve - carefully remove veggies from the heat, and remove foil if applicable. Carefully remove veggies from skewer before eating (use adequate heat protection, burned fingers are no fun!) Top with sauce and enjoy!