- 4 cup kale
- 3 cup butternut squash, diced
- Olive Oil to taste
- 1 cup uncooked Forbidden Black Rice
- 2 apples of your choice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Sliced avocado
- Hanger-Proof Coconut Curry Salad Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Peel and dice butternut squash into 1 in cubes, then toss with salt, pepper, and enough olive oil to coat cubes. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast at 350 for 30-40 mins. After 20 mins, take out of the oven and flip so they cook evenly.
- While the squash is roasting, cook black rice according to package instructions.
- Make Hanger-Proof Coconut Curry Salad Dressing (if you haven't already!)
- Meanwhile, massage kale with lemon juice and olive oil. Dice apple into 1/2 in cubes.
- Finally, assemble and top with avocado slices and Hanger-Proof Coconut Curry Salad Dressing.
For meal prep, do step 5 no more than 1 hour before eating, or the kale will get soggy, and apple will brown.