These quick pickled mushrooms are delish by themselves, on a slice of toast with avocado or ricotta, or on a sandwich. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 package mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms and other ingredients as desired, and place into a jar with a well fitting lid.
- Pour hot brine over mushrooms, then seal jar with lid. Leave on the counter for 1 hour then refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Ingredient ratios may be scaled up or down. You may also adjust amount of any ingredient based to suit personal preference. This is a starting point.
See flavor combinations and variations in the post!
Pickled mushrooms are good in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Keywords: pickled mushrooms, pickled mushrooms with thyme, spicy pickled mushrooms, quick pickled mushrooms