This vegan rainbow salad is healthy, fresh, AND colorful. It's so much fun to eat. Clean out your fridge AND make a healthy meal.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup arugula or other greens
- 1-2 medium carrots
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 radishes
- 2 Tbsp chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
Alternative dressing: spicy peanut sauce or lemon tahini dressing
See post for substitutions and variations
1. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Don't forget to rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer.
2. Prepare vegetables while quinoa is cooking. Peel and discard outside of carrots. Then peel into ribbons and set aside. Half or quarter tomatoes. Then thinly slice cucumbers and radishes. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
3. Make dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, and water into mason jar or small bowl. Shake or whisk until combined.
4. Build salad. Start with a scoop of quinoa. Then add a layer of greens. Finally, place other toppings onto salad. Toss with a tablespoon or two of dressing in a mixing bowl.
Keywords: rainbow salad, vegan salad, vegan rainbow salad, vegan spring salad, colorful salad,