There's nothing that says "fall" like vegan butternut squash bisque. This is one of my go-to dishes as the weather cools down (yes, even in Florida we get some crisp days). I've been loving this simple butternut squash soup recipe, and hope you do too!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 T rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can coconut milk (15 oz)
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Meanwhile, peel and dice the butternut squash, removing the seeds. Toss with 1-2 T olive oil, chopped rosemary, a generous pinch of salt and smaller pinch of pepper. Spread cubes on baking sheet and roast for 40 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, dice onions and apple. Mince garlic.
- When the squash is ready, sauté onions, apple, and a pinch of salt in 1 T olive oil on medium heat until onions are a little past translucent (5-7 mins). Add garlic, rosemary, and another little pinch of salt. When you can smell the garlic (30-60 secs), add 6 cups of vegetable broth and roasted butternut squash.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender, just be careful transferring hot liquids), blend until smooth. Once smooth, stir in coconut milk. Taste, and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Serve with your favorite bread, and drizzle of coconut milk on top (optional)
Keywords: butternut squash bisque, butternut squash soup, fall butternut squash recipes, butternut squash recipes, butternut squash