The bread: Basic sandwich bread from the grocery store. Nothing special. Think about the bread from a good old fashioned PB&J. That's what we're going for.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp salt
From the Garden Bed
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (+1 Tbsp baking soda for extra credit)
- 2 tsp pimientos
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 c shredded carrots
- Romaine leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Prep chickpeas - either canned chickpeas, softened chickpeas, or rehydrated chickpeas (see above instructions).
- Blend together ingredients for dressing. Mine didn't take more than 10 seconds.
- In a new bowl, smash chickpeas until they reached desired consistency. I like mine a little chunkier. A potato masher works well.
- Add celery, carrots, pimintos, and dressing, and mix.
- Spread chickpea salad on one slide of bread, and top with romaine, tomato and the other slice of bread. Enjoy!