- 2 14 oz cans of coconut milk (or coconut cream) refrigerated for 24 hours
- 1/4 c dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1-3 Tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream (such as reddi-whip)
- Chocolate bar (for shavings)
- Flaky sea salt
1. Scoop out coconut cream: in the bowl of a stand mixer, carefully scoop out the white solids (coconut cream) from your cans. Avoid adding the liquid in the bottom of the can as much as possible. Don't get stingy here - it's not worth adding extra coconut cream if it means also adding more liquid. Add vanilla extract.
2. Whip the cream: using the whisk attachment, whip for 5-ish minutes, stopping to scrape down sides with a spatula as needed.
3. Add chocolate & agave: Mix until combined, scraping down sides as needed, and taste. Add additional Tbsp of agave if needed & mix until combined.
4. Scoop & serve: Scoop carefully into small cups. 1/4 cup or a little larger (2-3 oz) is the perfect serving size, this stuff is rich! Refrigerate if desired, top with whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
Keywords: chocolate mousse, vegan mousse, coconut mousse, dairy free mousse,