For the cookies:
- 1 cup vegan butter (I HIGHLY recommend Miyokos) The right butter makes a difference!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 T corn starch
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1-1 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (such as Ghirardelli baking disks or Enjoy Life)
For the sauce:
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/3 c enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 pint vegan ice-cream (I like coconut or almond milk-based)
- Whatever toppings you like (sprinkles, nuts, etc.)
For the cookies:
- Cream softened butter with light brown sugar, agave, and vanilla until light and fluffy. There shouldn’t be any lumps of butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt).
- In 3-4 parts, add dry ingredients to the wet.
- Once mixed, fold in chocolate. Add nuts if desired.
- Scoop into 1/4 c balls (I use an ice-cream scoop). Refrigerate for at least an hour, ideally overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange cookies on sheet with at least 3-4 in between each dough ball. DO NOT PRESS. Bake for 10-14 mins or until edges are almost starting to brown.
- Let cool on pan for 5-10 mins, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Melt coconut oil and coconut milk together in a sauce pan.
- Add maple syrup and cocoa powder, whisking constantly.
- When mixture starts to thicken (or reaches desired consistency) remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Taste and add whatever you think it needs!
- Maple syrup if not sweet enough
- Cook a little longer if not thick enough
- Add a little coconut milk to thin out if needed.
Put it all together:
- The hot cookie is the base of the sundae. Add a couple scoops of vegan ice cream, then drizzle on the hot chocolate sauce! Add whatever other toppings you like and dig in!
Store chocolate sauce in the fridge, ideally in a jar. To reheat, warm up the bottle/jar under hot water until it loosens. I don't recommend keeping longer than a week.