Chocolate chip cookie fans unite: today we’re taking my ~famous~ chocolate chip cookie recipe and leveling up to make vegan kitchen sink cookies.
- 1 package softened Miyokos Vegan Butter (plain, salted - if you can find unsalted, add an extra tsp of salt. Soften for at least 2-3 hours)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp good vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp aquafaba (the juice that comes in a can of chickpeas or white beans)
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking SODA
- 1 tsp baking POWDER (yes they it is different than baking SODA, yes, you need both)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (such as Cafe Bustelo)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cups chocolate chips or chunks (I like using two good dark chocolate sea salt bars, just check the ingredients to ensure it's dairy free)
- 1-2 cups other toppings
- Sweet: dairy free white chocolate chips, dairy free sweet candy
- Salty: potato chips, pretzels
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, and stir thoroughly to distribute.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl of stand mixer (or mixing bowl) - softened butter, sugars, and vanilla. Once mixture if homogenous, take note of the color and mix until 2-3 shades lighter, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add aquafaba/bean juice in increments of 2 Tbsp, mixing in between.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 parts. Start your mixer on lowest power first to keep from making a mess. Once combined, add the next third, scraping down sides between sets.
- Fold in your toppings using a spatula. Get ready for an arm workout, this dough is thick.
- Scoop dough into balls using an ice cream scoop, and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Cut dough ball in half, and place onto sheet (mine fits 6 half dough balls at a time). Bake for 10-13 mins, or until edges are slightly brown. Don't bake too long - vegan butter doesn't brown as thoroughly as regular butter.
- Let cookies rest on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Once on rack, add a small pinch of flaky sea salt. For best results, let cool for an additional 10-20 minutes. They'll still be warm, but the flavors will meld a bit more.
Keywords: vegan everything cookies, everything but the kitchen sink cookies, everything cookies, vegan sweet and salty cookies, sweet and salty cookies