This vegan mexican rice bowl might as well be from Chipotle...only better. Between the mango guac, spicy street corn and sauted veggies, we have a winner on our hands, perfect for meal prep or feeding a crowd.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1-2 cups corn kernels (frozen or fresh) OR street corn
- 1 cup uncooked white rice OR mexican red rice
- 1 avocado for plain guac OR mango guac
- pinch salt
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 1 can black beans, pinto beans or black bean salsa
You can also add...
- pico de gallo
- First, prep the cauliflower. To cut, remove the green part, and cut off the bottom to make a flat edge. Slice into planks, then remove florets smaller than a golf ball. The smaller the florets, the more caramelized they will be.
- Toss with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of grapeseed oil. Roast at 350 F for 30 minutes, then remove from oven to let steam escape. Once steam is gone (2-3 minutes), roast for another 20-30 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, prep the rice. There are three options: mexican red rice for something a little spicy, coconut lime rice for a sweeter, beachier vibe, or plain rice, cooked according to package instructions. ALWAYS RINSE YOUR RICE!!! We want to remove as much excess starch as possible to prevent a gluey mess.
- While the rice cooks and cauliflower roasts, prepare the veggies. Slice onion and peppers, then saute in a large frying pan on medium heat with a drizzle of grapeseed oil and pinch of salt. Stir frequently until onions are golden brown and peppers are soft, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add corn kernels with a little more oil. If you're making street corn, add diced jalapeño as well. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Finally, make the guac! Mash with any leftover onion (diced into small pieces), a pinch of salt, and a spritz of lime juice (if you have a lime on hand). Or make this mango guacamole.
- Finally, assemble the bowl. Start with rice, then add roasted cauliflower, sauteed veggies, street corn, guacamole and if desired, black or pinto beans. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan mexican rice bowl, mexican rice bowl, burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl, meal prep burrito bowl, cauliflower burrito bowl