- 1 package thinly sliced mushrooms (2 if you REALLY like them)
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (such as Miyokos) or cooking oil of choice
- 1 cup cashew yogurt (plain, NOT vanilla)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 shakes hot sauce
- pinch salt
- Sweet salsa (peach, mango, and pineapple all work well)
- Potato sticks (such as Pik Niks)
- Flour Tortillas - street size (4 in)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Heat tortillas: wrap 3-6 tortillas in foil and place in oven preheated to 250 degrees.
- Prepare mushrooms: slice mushrooms and shallot thinly, and add to pan on low-medium heat with 1 Tbsp of cooking oil and a pinch of salt. When mushrooms release juices (3-5 mins), add soy sauce and minced garlic. Let cook for 2-3 mins, then remove from heat.
- Prepare Lime Crema: add all ingredients into a small mixing bowl, and whisk until homogenous.
- Optional: Prepare salsa - I like to strain my salsa so I don't have big puddles of juice dripping onto my plate. Take a half cup of your salsa, and strain for a couple mins so the juice drips off.
- Assemble tacos: warm tortilla, small spoonful of mushrooms (make sure to drain off any juice), salsa, lime crema, potato sticks, and cilantro. Enjoy!