- 1 package pad thai noodles
- 4-5 green onions (scallions)
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- Lime wedges
- Chopped peanuts
- Salt, pepper, and cooking oil as needed
- OPTIONAL: whatever veggies you like (bell pepper, spicy pepper, green beans, shredded carrots, cilantro, thai basil...go for it!)
- Spicy vegan peanut sauce
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. When the noodles are done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water, and use it to thin out the sauce if needed. Starchy water = liquid gold.
- Meanwhile, slice & sauté your veggies. First, add some oil to your pan on low-medium heat. Add your onions (and peppers if applicable) and sautee for 1-2 minutes. Then add garlic and ginger. Turn the heat to low, stirring occasionally to prevent garlic from burning. Add a pinch of salt every time you add something new to the pan. Once the veggies are soft, set aside until the noodles and sauce are ready.
- Prep your sauce. While the veggies are cooking, put together your sauce. I suggest using a slightly larger bowl than you think you need, because you'll need to put a little elbow grease into your whisking. Don't worry if it doesn't come together immediately, it will once the peanut butter breaks up!
- When the noodles are ready, reserve a cup of the pasta water, then add noodles to saute pan. Add half of your peanut sauce (and some noodle water if needed) and stir. Taste for seasoning, and add more peanut sauce or salt if needed. Top with chopped peanuts, serve with a lime wedge and enjoy!