This sticky coconut lime rice is velvety, nutty, and slightly sweet - a perfect base for a buddha bowl with peanut sauce! It's easy to pick up with chopsticks, and works for sushi too! Ready to level-up your rice game?
- 1 cup white, basmati or jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Prepare ingredients: boil coconut milk, water, and salt in a saucepan. Meanwhile, rinse rice until water is nearly clear. Usually, I need rinse for 1-2 minutes under running water, or soak 2-3 times in a bowl of water.
2. Cook rice: once water boils, add rice, stir once, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cover for 12-15 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed. If rice tastes done but still has liquid, cook uncovered for 1-2 minutes so liquid can evaporate.
4. Add flavor: add zest and juice of 1/2 of a lime. Fluff with a fork and serve, garnishing with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro if desired.
Keywords: coconut rice, coconut lime rice, sticky coconut rice, sticky coconut lime rice, sweet coconut sticky rice, healthy coconut sticky rice